FTP Uploading (web pages)
(File Transfer Protocol) is the simplest way to exchange
files over the Internet. There are many different types of FTP packages
Which ever package/method you use you will always
require your own username and password to access the
servers to upload
the files to your web
Using Microsoft Internet Explorer to upload files
To transfer files from your desktop to the server
using Internet Explorer (version 5.0+):
- Make sure you have the following setting enabled in Internet Explorer:
Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Enable folder view
for FTP Sites
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the Address bar of Internet Explorer type
press [Enter]. Replace <yourdomain> with
your own domain name.
- You will be asked for your FTP Username and Password.
- Enter your unique username and password which we sent to you with
your account confirmation.
- Click Login.
- Now you can drag and drop files to and from your web space just
as if it were a directory on your local hard disk.
- Be patient depending on the size of your site and the speed of your connection
uploading the files can take a while.
Please note, we recommend you always download and apply the latest
Microsoft security fixes for your Internet Explorer Browser using the
Windows Update facility.